Monday, March 18, 2013

Experimenting with success

Cooking has always been a struggle for me; therefore I tend to follow recipes exactly. To me there is a right way and a wrong way, a good result or a bad result. I am growing in this area of my life; I want to be open to the spontaneous, creative, fun journey cooking can be. My goal of late is to see the final dish as only a starting point on the way to better variations! My variations!
 
So recently I’ve been taking HUGE steps in the kitchen and adapting recipes. Living on the edge for sure! It’s seriously so exciting, anxiety provoking, and rewarding!

This is what I adapted this week. Bomb diggity for sure. Can’t wait to get a few more bananas so I can make more!

Brazil Banana Nut Bread

Prep time:  10 mins
Cook time:  30 mins 

Ingredients
  • ½ cup Almond butter- raw creamy unsalted
  • ½ cup brazil nuts (or macadamia nuts…I had brazil nuts on hand)
  • 1 banana, peeled
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1tbsp raw honey (optional)
  • coconut oil to grease baking dish

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until broken down into a chunky meal.
3.Place all other ingredients in the food processor and puree until smooth.
4.Grease a bread pan with the coconut oil. I used a 4x8 glass baking dish.
5.Pour batter in the baking dish, smooth out, and place in oven.
6.Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7.Let cool a minute and enjoy with Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter!



No comments:

Post a Comment