Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Busy Busy

Oh dear, I’ve barely started this blogging thing and am already having a hard time keeping it up! My life has taken a turn towards busy these last few weeks. While I haven’t been writing here, I have been on the computer a lot. I made a website for my residency program! It’s been a super fun, time consuming, project. I’m really proud of it!

No matter what kind of busyness life throws my way though I’m still making time to cook. Every Sunday is my cooking WOD day. WOD = Workout Of the Day, it’s what we call our CrossFit workouts. So at South Loop CrossFit we do WODs and on Sundays I do my cooking workout for the week. Basically I make a lot of meat and prepare tons of veggies for us to eat all week long. This week I made honey mustard marinated chicken breasts and drumsticks. I’ll share that recipe soon!

Today though I’m sharing breakfast- I love breakfast! Paleo has meant the end of all-purpose flour which we thought was the end of weekend pancakes and donuts. While I haven’t figured out a good pancake recipe yet I did find a great paleo friendly donut recipe!

Paleo Donuts
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 TBS raw honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a food processor (this makes the batter light and fluffy since nut flours tend to be so heavy)
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and add them to the food processor
4. Blend until batter is very smooth and pour it into greased donut molds filling them 2/3 the way full, makes about six donuts
5. Bake for 10 minutes



 I sprinkle mine with a little cinnamon and enjoy them with my homemade coconut-almond milk latte!


No comments:

Post a Comment