Saturday, March 9, 2013

Background

Over the last twelve months our lives have changed, in the most amazing way.

Background on me- I don’t cook! Well I didn’t cook anyway. If you asked anyone who knows me if I cooked they would’ve laughed at you! I am a lot of things but domestic ain’t one of them. Seriously, over 5 years of marriage I had stepped in the kitchen maybe 5 times. If I was found in there actually doing something useful then I was baking, I liked to bake cookies and banana bread- that’s all. So what changed? Well I found CrossFit (life changer!) and through CrossFit I found Paleo eating and through Paleo I found my kitchen. It has been so much fun learning how to cook delicious meals that are healthy. So much fun that I want to share my experience with everyone, and I do, just ask my husband, I’ll tell anyone who will listen!

What is paleo?

Here's the skinny, it includes eating natural foods like: meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, veggies, sweet potatoes, fruit, berries, mushrooms, nuts, and healthy fats (coconut in all forms, avocado, olive oil). Basically natural stuff that’s good for you and makes you feel good.

It does NOT include eating: processed foods, grains, legumes, soy, sugar, dairy, alcohol, white potatoes, and vegetable oils.

This sums it up pretty nice!


OK so the real question is why eat like this? The whole basis of the paleo diet is that our bodies where designed to digest certain foods. We have a harder time digesting the No foods and they lead to increased inflammation. Chronic inflammation eventually causes all sorts of problems, decreased energy, poor sleep, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, digestive discomfort…

Here's what the experts have to say about Paleo
http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/

The bottom line though is that I had a few life changing events that led me to Paleo and since eating this way I feel great!

Seriously I feel amazing, I’m lighter, my belly is flatter, I don’t feel bloated and 5 pounds heavier at the end of the day. I have a ton more energy (before during and after workouts), less headaches, my mind is clearer…it’s great. So simply put, I feel better when I eat this way. Therefore I continue to eat this way. Do I cheat?…oh heck yeah! Once a week. It serves as a reminder as to why I love eating Paleo cause I feel like poo afterward. I seriously get ‘food hangovers’. It sucks, in a good way.

Alright that's the background- now let's get to the good stuff, what am I cooking up this week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment